CTET NOV 2012 Mumbai Paper 2 SOCIAL STUDIES/SOCIAL SCIENCE PART III
(सी-टेट नवम्बर 2012 मुंबई पेपर -2 सामाजिक विज्ञानं पहले ३ प्रशनो के उत्तर )
Remaining 30 Questions with answers
Remaining 30 Questions with answers
31. Dharavi in Mumbai is famous as
(1) Film making place
(2) High rise building
(3) World's largest slums
(4) House of 'Slumdog Millionaire' hero
32. Which of the following crops can be grown on sandy soils and needs low rainfall and high to moderate temperature ?
33. Rivers constitute ___ percentage of fresh water.
34. While teaching 'Regional Inequality’ which of the following would be the best suited method ?
( 1) Lecture method
(2) Field trip method
(3) Discussion method
( 4) Observation method
35. While teaching Geography
(I) Students are taught to remember about all the important places of world with the help of mnemonics.
(2) Only local geography should be taught.
(3) Processes leading to events should be analyzed in the light of reason and child's own
( 4) Distinction between natural sciences and . social sciences should be highlighted.
36. Which of the following would be best suited to enable children of Class-VIII to express their creativity ?
(1) Collection of Coins
(2) Preparation of Charts
(3) Preparation of Scrapbooks
( 4) Reading Newspapers
37. To teach "working of the water treatment plant", which of the following methods would be best suited?
( 1 ) Discuss importance of water for human beings.
(2) Take students on a field visit to treatment plant.
(3) Assign a project on this topic to students.
(4) Arrange delivery of a lecture by an expert on this topic.
38. While preparing a lesson plan on the topic 'Gender Equality in India' what will be your first step ?
(1) List the disadvantages of Gender disparity
(2) Frame objectives
(3) Prepare the list of expected outcomes
( 4) Think about the plight of eunuchs (transgenders)
39. Remedial teaching can be done for
(1) any student not responding to usual class room methods
(2) children from poor families
(3) children from rural background
(4) disabled children
40. The purpose of the 'Micro-teaching' is
(1) To· analyse the performance of trainee teacher and suggest feedback.
(2) Teaching lessons in microparts for better understanding.
(3) Micro manage student's behaviour.
(4) Teaching by using micro-phone for the benefit of deaf students.
41. Which one of the following can be used suitably to find out the relative position of a student in a group ?
(2) Percentage score
(3) Percentile score
(4) Composite score
42. Which one of the following is most suitable about reflection of students thinking?
( 1 ) Students should not reflect on routine class work otherwise it will delay transaction of
(2) Students should not reflect on the competency of their teacher.
(3) Peer tutors should substitute teachers frequently as it helps co-learners to better understand concepts.
(4) An environment of mutual trust and context of reflection must be created by the teacher.
43. The case study approach exclusively focus on
( 1) avoiding definitions.
(2) making children learn through their own experiences.
(3) preparing grounds to enable students to pursue law in their higher studies which involves case studies.
( 4) encouraging fixed response tendency in students.
44. Which one of the following is not a function of remedial teaching in social sciences ?
( 1) Enlisting the types of errors made by students.
(2) Preventing errors in learning.
(3) Assisting the weak students after school hours.
( 4) Ensuring that students learn things by heart and practice a lot.
45. A test can not serve the purpose of
(l) ascertaining the effectiveness of teaching-learning.
(2) assessing the progress of learning.
(3) finding out strengths and weakness of individuals.
(4) ability to work in a group.
46. Which one of the following options is related to the heuristic method of solving problems in geography ?
(1) An intelligent hunch
(2) Trial and error
(4) Cartographic field work
47. Which one of the following is not an aim of Social Science ?
(1) to impart knowledge to become effective citizen
(2) to develop social efficacy
(3) to teach etiquette
(4) to develop motivation for participating in public affairs.
48. The following are the principles of curriculum construction except
( 1) Child-centred
49. The basic objective of educational excursion in Social Science is
(1) first hand experiences to the students
(2) promote socialisation
(3) promote team spirit
(4) chanellising energy of children
50. Which is not a type of map skill ?
(1) Knowledge of scale
(2) Knowledge of conventional sign
(3) Knowledge of effects of rotatory motion of the earth
(4) Knowledge of direction
51. While illustrating the formation of a coalition government, a teacher ask~ her students about their options had they been sharing power with their friends and their partners threatening to withdraw support if their demands are not met. The teacher is encouraging students to use which of the following skills defined in the Bloom's taxonomy?
52. In order to enhance the self-esteem of students, they should be allowed to
( 1) take part in discussions and debates.
(2) listen to success stories such as of Stephan Hawkins, a disabled but great physicist and try to emulate their example.
(3) interact as much as possible with peers who achieve at similar levels as their own.
( 4) have opportunities to enhance their competence in the domains they are naturally disposed to.
53. Which is not a technique/skill of Social Science ?
(1) Probing questions
(2) Story telling
( 4) Illustration
54. Which city of India is comparable as Silicon Valley in California ?
55. The total population divided into various age groups is indicated through
( 1) Pattern of population change.
(2) Population composition.
(3) Population pyramid.
(4) Division of human resources.
56. Match the correct sequence of the following:
(a) . Malayalam (i) Kama taka
(b) Marathi (ii) Gujarat
(c) Gujarati (iii) Maharashtra
(d) Kannada (iv) Kerala
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(1) (i) (ii) (iii) (iv)
(2) (iv) (iii) (ii) (i)
(3) (ii) (iii) (iv) (i)
(4) (iii) (ii) (iv) (i)
57. Identify the State which has longest coastline from the following :
(2) Andhra Pradesh
(4) Tamil Nadu
58. Which State has longest international boundary with Pakistan ?
( 4) Jammu and Kashmir
59. When sun, moon and earth are in the same line, which one of the takes place?
( 1) Spring ebb
(2) Neap ebb
(3) Spring tide
( 4) Neap tide
60. Which of the following is a depositional feature of sea waves ?
(1) Sea cave
(2) Sea cliff
(3) Sea beach
(4) Sea arches